Getting to Know Yourself
So where does this journey to your true inner self start? For those of you reading this, it has already been started so I'm just going to share some simple tips and hints here to help you get going.
Meditation
I don't think self exploration is possible without meditation. It's important to make meditation your daily habit. It only takes ~20 minutes!/day and the results can't even be described with words. Meditation is an ongoing process so the more you meditate, the more you realize who you really are. It's important to gain momentum with daily meditation. That means once you start, make sure not to skip for a long period of time or you will lose the momentum and pretty much will have to start all over again. Once the momentum is gained, you will realize that you meditate even without meditating, even when you walk/eat/sleep etc.
I'm going to share some simple meditations here (both in ENG and RUS). Those are the meditations I started with and I think they are really simple and efficient. There are 4 different meditations so you can switch between them or you can pick your favorite and roll with it. I do think switching from time to time is a good idea though. You can also dig and find more meditations out there but those 4 were all I needed to get me going initially.
You can download meditations here: Basic Meditations
Substances
If you take drugs or consume alcohol, try to get rid of those. You can do it gradually. The more you meditate the easier it will be. Substances affect chemical processes in your brain and body and kinda replace your true identity with a fake one. Drugs and alcohol will laugh/cry/have fun for you but that won't be you. I hope that makes sense. My experience with anti-depressants is that they turn you into a robot and completely wipe out your true identity.
Physical Exercise
For those of you involved in physical activities out there, great! I'm happy for you. For those of you not, I'm going to share a very simple exercise that will replace any other physical activity and will boost your overall mood and health. I highly recommend that you add this one to any of your existing physical activities. It works equally well for both boys and girls.
The exercise is called "Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar)"
There are lots of tutorials out there on this exercise but I suggest you actually take a yoga class once and learn it with a teacher. You don't need to do advanced yoga unless you want to participate in yoga competitions and win a gold medal. Surya Namaskar will get you going and will improve your life quality tremendously. When I wake up, I drink 2 glasses of water, take a shower and then do Surya Namaskar. Just as simple as that. Takes ~20 minutes or so. Get a yoga mat!
Another important thing I do after this exercise is I sing the "OM" mantra 3 times. When you do that, imagine each particle of your body, each atom vibrating to the sound. OM is the fundamental mantra that wakes up and activates your energy.
Music
I can't describe with words what music means to me these days. I wake up with music, end my day with music and sleep with music :) Music has been with me since day one on my journey to enlightenment.
I feel like the Planet is shifting into a new Era these days and I feel like music will play a major role in making that shift. Dancing is another form of meditation. I love dancing with my eyes closed, completely losing myself in the music. If you don't listen to music just yet, start listening! Find whatever you like for the moment and dive into it. Your soul will start singing and dancing and you will finally feel alive again :)
https://soundcloud.com/platform/oskar-offermann-b2b-edward
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2K1QmXFLM8
So where does this journey to your true inner self start? For those of you reading this, it has already been started so I'm just going to share some simple tips and hints here to help you get going.
Meditation
I don't think self exploration is possible without meditation. It's important to make meditation your daily habit. It only takes ~20 minutes!/day and the results can't even be described with words. Meditation is an ongoing process so the more you meditate, the more you realize who you really are. It's important to gain momentum with daily meditation. That means once you start, make sure not to skip for a long period of time or you will lose the momentum and pretty much will have to start all over again. Once the momentum is gained, you will realize that you meditate even without meditating, even when you walk/eat/sleep etc.
I'm going to share some simple meditations here (both in ENG and RUS). Those are the meditations I started with and I think they are really simple and efficient. There are 4 different meditations so you can switch between them or you can pick your favorite and roll with it. I do think switching from time to time is a good idea though. You can also dig and find more meditations out there but those 4 were all I needed to get me going initially.
You can download meditations here: Basic Meditations
Substances
If you take drugs or consume alcohol, try to get rid of those. You can do it gradually. The more you meditate the easier it will be. Substances affect chemical processes in your brain and body and kinda replace your true identity with a fake one. Drugs and alcohol will laugh/cry/have fun for you but that won't be you. I hope that makes sense. My experience with anti-depressants is that they turn you into a robot and completely wipe out your true identity.
Physical Exercise
For those of you involved in physical activities out there, great! I'm happy for you. For those of you not, I'm going to share a very simple exercise that will replace any other physical activity and will boost your overall mood and health. I highly recommend that you add this one to any of your existing physical activities. It works equally well for both boys and girls.
The exercise is called "Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar)"
There are lots of tutorials out there on this exercise but I suggest you actually take a yoga class once and learn it with a teacher. You don't need to do advanced yoga unless you want to participate in yoga competitions and win a gold medal. Surya Namaskar will get you going and will improve your life quality tremendously. When I wake up, I drink 2 glasses of water, take a shower and then do Surya Namaskar. Just as simple as that. Takes ~20 minutes or so. Get a yoga mat!
Another important thing I do after this exercise is I sing the "OM" mantra 3 times. When you do that, imagine each particle of your body, each atom vibrating to the sound. OM is the fundamental mantra that wakes up and activates your energy.
Music
I can't describe with words what music means to me these days. I wake up with music, end my day with music and sleep with music :) Music has been with me since day one on my journey to enlightenment.
I feel like the Planet is shifting into a new Era these days and I feel like music will play a major role in making that shift. Dancing is another form of meditation. I love dancing with my eyes closed, completely losing myself in the music. If you don't listen to music just yet, start listening! Find whatever you like for the moment and dive into it. Your soul will start singing and dancing and you will finally feel alive again :)
https://soundcloud.com/platform/oskar-offermann-b2b-edward
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2K1QmXFLM8
Comments
Post a Comment